LEGION ETRANGERE
LEGION ETRANGERE
LEGION ETRANGERE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

LEGION ETRANGERE

Loisirs - Armée - Légion étrangére

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à ...
Voir le deal

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact

AuteurMessage
freitas
ADMINISTRATEUR
ADMINISTRATEUR
freitas

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact Empty
MessageSujet: Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact   Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact EmptyLun 19 Mai 2008 - 21:18

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact SectionAbout2

Home » About Alberta » Alberta economy

Alberta economy

Alberta has one of the world's most vibrant economies and, over the past ten years, we've experienced the strongest economy in Canada.
Renowned for our entrepreneurial spirit, we offer a great environment for business. In Alberta, you'll find an economy set up for global success with excellent infrastructure, IT connectivity and a fine transport system.
Our province is blessed with an abundance of natural resources, all of which play an important role in our success. Our vibrant economy translates into a healthy job market. Approximately 465,600 new jobs were created between 1996 and 2006 and Alberta's average unemployment rate in 2006 was the lowest in Canada at 3.4%.
Alberta is home to many leading companies and research institutes all competing at the top of their global markets. As a result, we offer a breath of fresh air for career professionals seeking to thrive in an environment where skill, innovation and inspiration are common-place.
If you appreciate the distinction between making a living and making more of life, then Alberta is the place for you.
Want to be part of our future success?
Related Information

Government of Alberta

• Alberta's Economy
  • Facts on Alberta and economic highlights

Date Updated: Nov 01, 2007
    RDP-555
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://manuvino.forumpro.fr
freitas
ADMINISTRATEUR
ADMINISTRATEUR
freitas

MessageSujet: Re: Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact   Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact EmptyLun 19 Mai 2008 - 21:23

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact SectionAbout1

Home » About Alberta » People and culture

People and culture

Deciding to move to a new country is often very challenging. However, if you decide to move to Alberta you can count on the hospitality of Albertans. We are friendly people and very supportive of newcomers. Alberta provides a lot of programs to help new immigrants start a new life. Our province is multicultural and has a number of established cultural and ethnic groups. They provide support and assistance to newcomers and make them feel welcomed and at home.
Albertans are proud of their province and are famous for their generosity and friendliness.
We are inviting you to come and live in Alberta and to experience all that Alberta and Albertans have to offer you.

Social Customs

Keep in mind that social customs change over time and depend on the situation. Following is a list of some Canadian customs that may not be familiar to you:

• When you are introduced to someone, it is customary to say, “Hello, how are you?” Some people will put out their right hand, expecting you to shake it with your right hand. Some Canadians consider it impolite to refuse to shake hands.
  • When you are talking to someone, stand 60 to 100 cm away. Many Canadians feel uncomfortable if someone they do not know very well touches them or stands closer than 60 cm away.
  • Be on time for appointments. If you have an appointment (for example, to see a doctor, teacher, friend), try to be there at the agreed time. If you will be late or unable to keep an appointment, telephone ahead of time and let the person know.
  • Smoking is not permitted in public places (for example, stores, theatres, office buildings and restaurants) except in specified areas. Look for signs indicating where smoking is acceptable.
  • It is generally acceptable for young children and parents or a man and woman to hold hands or walk arm in arm in public.
  • It is unacceptable in most circumstances to be loud, aggressive or violent. This includes having a loud conversation in a public place, calling people names and spanking a child in a store. Hitting or threatening another person is against the law.
  • Unless you know a person very well, it is considered impolite to ask certain types of personal questions. For example, it is generally not acceptable to ask the following:

Languages and multiculturalism

Languages

Canada has two official languages: English and French. Many other languages also are spoken here but English is the language used in most workplaces and classrooms in Alberta. To work or take an education program in Alberta, you must be able to speak, read and write English well enough to communicate effectively with people who understand only English.
For more information about work-related language competency requirements, see the CERTinfo (Certification and Registration Requirements for Employment in Alberta) website.
Multiculturalism

The government encourages Canadians from every part of the world to:

• Take pride in their language, religion and heritage.
  • Observe their customs and traditions as long as they do not break canadian laws.

Related Information

Government of Alberta

• Certification and registration requirements for employment in Alberta: CERTinfo
  • English language training
freitas
ADMINISTRATEUR
ADMINISTRATEUR
freitas

MessageSujet: Re: Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact   Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact EmptyLun 19 Mai 2008 - 21:24

Stories from new immigrants

People from all over the world have moved to Alberta to start a new life. The stories of their experiences are often useful to those who are considering immigration to Alberta. Read the stories of recent immigrants to Alberta, and learn about how they moved to Alberta, found work, and settled into their new home.
Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact AA_arifSameena Arif and Family
Single mother from Pakistan creates a new life in Alberta for her family
A safe, friendly environment with an excellent education system for her children – that’s what Sameena Arif, a teacher from Islamabaad, Pakistan, was looking for when she chose to immigrate to Canada in 2004.

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact AA_beattieDave and Allison Beattie
Lifestyle Is Jolly Good for British Couple in Alberta
Quality of life. It's one of the main reasons that Dave Beattie and his wife Allison decided to relocate from the United Kingdom to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact AA_carloniStephane Carloni
This Good Sport From France is Enjoying Alberta
It pays to be a good sport. Just ask Stephane Carloni, whose knowledge of sports was one of the factors that helped draw him to his new home in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact AA_dengPhillip Deng
United Nations volunteer from Sudan thinks Alberta has a lot to give
An ideal culture – that’s how Sudanese immigrant Phillip Deng describes Canada. He chose to immigrate here in 2006 through the federal government’s Skilled Workers Program, which is designed for newcomers who have education, work experience, knowledge of the English or French languages, and other abilities that will help them establish themselves as permanent residents of Canada.

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact AA_jmohammadJamil, Neesa and Farista Mohammad
Engineer from Bangladesh builds new life for his family in Alberta
Jamil Mohammad of Dhaka, Bangladesh has seen the Great Wall of China, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the London Bridge, the Himalayas in Nepal, Taj Mahal in India, Niagara Falls in Canada, Pataya Beach in Thailand and many beautiful destinations – but his favourite has been Alberta’s Rocky Mountains. And now he lives just a few hours away from them.

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact AA_reevesRebecca Reed and Adam Reeves
Down-Under Duo Arrive and Thrive In Alberta
Rebecca Reed and Adam Reeves left the small town of Dalwallinu, Australia for a year-long working and backpacking holiday in Canada. When the Aussie couple arrived in Edmonton, Alberta, they liked the capital city so much that they now call it home.

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact AA_stoilovGoran Stoilov
German Machinist Building Successful Life in Grande Prairie
Goran Stoilov isn't afraid to try new things. And that's good news for Davco Machine Ltd. and the people of Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada.

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact AA_wrightMartin and Jacqui Wright, and son Alex
It's been a busy time for the Wright family since arriving in Calgary from England on January 14, 2006. They've recently moved into a spacious new house, and these days, most of their free time is spent unpacking boxes.
freitas
ADMINISTRATEUR
ADMINISTRATEUR
freitas

MessageSujet: Re: Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact   Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact EmptyLun 19 Mai 2008 - 21:25

Sameena Arif and Family

Single mother from Pakistan creates a new life in Alberta for her family

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact AA_arif1A safe, friendly environment with an excellent education system for her children – that’s what Sameena Arif, a teacher from Islamabaad, Pakistan, was looking for when she chose to immigrate to Canada in 2004. She found what she hoped for in Calgary, Alberta and gives the city top marks in other areas as well.
“There are so many opportunities for people in Alberta and it’s a great place to live,” said Sameena, who heard about Calgary from her uncle. “The people are very friendly, and the school system is excellent. I’ve traveled a lot and I’ve been to the United States as well, but for me, the decision to live in Alberta was an easy one.”
The first time Sameena and her family came to Canada was in 2002 to visit friends in Toronto. A year later, they visited Calgary for a month to get a taste of the western part of the country. The family returned to Pakistan for about a year, during which time Sameena and her husband divorced. In 2004, Sameena felt it was time to make a fresh start and moved to Calgary with her children.
In some ways, Canada is similar to Pakistan. The land is very green and beautiful, with mountains and lakes. But for Sameena, the things that make the countries different are what concerned her most. “In Pakistan, to be able to live the kind of lifestyle we are living now and for my children to have the kind of education they have now, I would probably have to work five jobs,” explained Sameena, whose children are now 15, 12 and seven.
Safety was also an issue. In Islamabaad, the capital of Pakistan, Sameena says she often worried about her children. “It’s scary when you have to worry that when your children leave the house they may not come back. Here in Alberta, it’s very reassuring to know my family is safe.”
Deciding to make the move to Alberta was also a chance for Sameena to become an independent woman – something she very much wanted to be. When she came to Alberta, she was 31 years old. “In my culture some people consider a woman’s life to be over when she turns 30, especially if the woman had her children at a young age like I did,” explained Sameena. “One of the best things about moving to Alberta is that I feel like my life is just beginning.” She laughs about how some Albertans referred to her as “kiddo” when she first came to Calgary. “I loved that!” she said.
But while coming to Alberta as a single woman made her feel strong and independent, it also made her feel nervous and stressed much of the time. Sameena credits the Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association for helping her make the transition smoothly. “I was looking on the Internet one night and came across the Association’s website. With their help, I received counseling services, and advice about government services that could help me. Everyone has been very supportive,” she said.
Sameena encourage people from other countries to consider immigrating to Alberta because of all the province has to offer. With a bachelor’s degree in arts majoring in education, Sameena would like to get a job teaching English to adult immigrants as a way to give back to the system that helped her create a new life for her family. “A language barrier can be a major challenge for someone moving to a new country. I’m relieved I didn’t have that obstacle to overcome but if I can help make the process easier for someone else, I would love to help,” she said.
freitas
ADMINISTRATEUR
ADMINISTRATEUR
freitas

MessageSujet: Dave and Allison Beattie   Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact EmptyLun 19 Mai 2008 - 21:31

Dave and Allison Beattie

Lifestyle Is jolly good for British couple in Alberta

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact AA_beattie1Quality of life. It's one of the main reasons that Dave Beattie and his wife Allison decided to relocate from the United Kingdom to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The couple arrived in Edmonton from Southampton, England in October, 2003. Dave, who worked in the U.K. as a police officer, is now a constable with the Edmonton City Police.
And Allison, who worked as a police control room supervisor, is now a quality assurance analyst with Alberta Blue Cross in Edmonton.
So just how was it that they decided to pick Canada? "We sat down and discussed it one day," said Allison," and we picked four countries: Canada, America, New Zealand and Australia.
And we gave them a point score each. I think Canada and New Zealand were tied, but just the pure logistics of moving to New Zealand, if there was a family emergency in the U.K., you're looking at a day or two days travel."
Another factor in deciding to choose Canada was the country's reasonable cost of living.
"House prices in England in the last five years have gone through the roof," said Allison. "And people have suddenly realized that they could take their equity, and come to a cheaper economy, somewhere like Canada, where it's two for one for every English Pound. If you come to a cheaper economy, you can really make the most of the money that you bring over."
The couple are enjoying the comforts of home-living in a big way.
They traded in their three-bedroom, 950-square foot home in the U.K.
for a new home in Edmonton that is just under 4,000 square feet.
"Our smallest bedroom in the U.K. was smaller than the walk-in closet that we've got now," said Dave.
Dave and Allison have settled in well to their new surroundings. Dave says that he does a lot more socializing than he ever used to do in the U.K.. And Allison feels it's not hard at all to meet new people.
"We found it very easy to make friends," she said.
"We've got great neighbours as well who are always cooking meals for us. And because we've got a nice house, I must admit, we spend a lot more time at home entertaining, chilling out, getting DVDs, and inviting friends and family around."
Many new arrivals to Alberta are shocked at how hospitable people are, and Dave was no exception.
"When you come over on holiday, the people you normally deal with are people in the service industry, who have to be friendly.
But when you get here, and see that the average Joe Canadian is also that friendly, I think that surprised me in a very nice way."
Dave and Allison are sold on Alberta, and are encouraging their friends and family from the U.K. to join them. "We have no regrets," said Allison. "We have found it remarkably easy. Very little home sickness."
In the end, it all comes down to finding the right balance.
"People want to enjoy their free time, and I think Alberta especially is the place where you can do that," said Dave.
"There's a nice balance here between working and playing."
Six helpful tips from Dave and Allison

Keep an open mind

A good piece of advice from Dave is, "be open minded and integrate in the community. Because it's your neighbours that know how to do the things that you don't know how to do. How do you go and get your Social Insurance Number? Your Alberta Health Care? It's all about research and speaking to people, making the effort."

1. Look beyond the economy

"I think that's what inspires people to want to come here," said Dave, "but when they do finally come here and look around, they realize there's much more to it than that. Especially here in Edmonton. You're three hours from the mountains, you're fairly close to the States, so it gives you a nice base to work from."

1. Check out the climate

The Beatties originally checked out Canada during the summer, but came back to see what a sampling of winter would be like.
"We did the summer, but we thought we really need to see what winters are like as well," said Allison.
"We came back in March '03, and did a three-week trip.
It was minus-45 with wind chill, blizzards like you wouldn't believe.
We haven't had that since we've been here.
It was a novel experience.
But the roads were set up for it. We just loved it. The extremeness in climate really suited us. And we could deal with it. Yes it's cold, but life goes on.
The roads are cleared, people get on and do their business. Half an inch of snow on the motorways back home and England grinds to a halt."

1. Attend job fairs

Dave also recommends to attend job information sessions.
"Definitely go to any job fairs.
There's a big emigrate show that gets heavily advertised.
Alberta Government staff were there last time when we went, and were very receptive.
But you can pick up loads of information.
Subscribe to publications like Canada News, which is the main newspaper publication, which I think comes out monthly.
It gives Brits great information, it gives case studies of people like us who have moved, and tells what the latest information is from the Embassy and stuff like that."

1. Have a savings strategy

"For eighteen months before we came out, we knew we wanted to put in as much overtime as possible," said Allison.
"We were lucky that we were both working in a policing environment.
I was a civilian in a police control room, so I worked 12-hour shifts.
So we had the opportunity of working 70-80 hour weeks.
I wouldn't particularly recommend it, but we had a goal in mind.
We knew that every one of our English pounds was $2.53 Canadian, which was a real incentive to pack money in the bank."

1. Use the Web to keep in touch

"The Internet, once you're here, helps make the world smaller for your family back home," said Allison. "We've got video conferencing set up, so technology wise, it's made the world so much smaller."
freitas
ADMINISTRATEUR
ADMINISTRATEUR
freitas

MessageSujet: Re: Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact   Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact EmptyLun 19 Mai 2008 - 21:33

Upcoming events

Learn about how to immigrate in Alberta! Check this page for updates on seminars, sessions, and other events in your area that include presentations for non-residents about immigration requirements, residency requirements and employment opportunities in Alberta, Canada.
Events

July 15, 2008 - Houston
Houston Chronicle Nursing Job Fair
September 9, 2008 - Houston
Houston Chronicle Healthcare Job Fair
September 16, 2008 - Chantilly
Expo Expert Career Fair
September 17, 2008 - Greenbelt
Expo Expert Career Fair
October 4, 2008 - Liverpool
Emigrate Liverpool
October 11, 2008 - Coventry
Emigrate Coventry
November 18, 2008 - Paris, Brussels & Toulouse
Destination Canada Job Fair 2008
November 22, 2008 - Leeds
Opportunities Canada EXPO8
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact   Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact Empty

Alberta's official immigration websiteHome Site map Contact
Page 1 sur 1